Students are able to recognise their emotions, describe their interests and values and accurately assess their strengths and weaknesses. They are able to reflect on their thoughts and learning process. They have a well-grounded sense of self-confidence, self efficacy, agency and autonomy. They are hopeful about the future and have a sense of meaning and purpose. More specifically, this content area includes the following competencies.
- Recognition of emotions: identifying and labelling feelings.
- Knowledge and recognition of strengths: identification and cultivation of one’s strengths and positive qualities, and using strengths to address limitations/weaknesses and maximise potential.
- Confidence and self-efficacy.
- Self-determination: autonomy, agency.
- Self-advocacy and awareness of one’s rights as an individual.
- Hope and optimism about one’s learning and life in general and hope for the future.
- Sense of meaning and purpose in life, self-actualisation.