Sesame Workshop Global Framework for Learning
The Sesame Workshop Global Framework for Learning is an early childhood development and education framework developed by Sesame Workshop, a non-profit educational media company that uses multicultural characters, settings, and Muppets to foster a love of learning and promote social, emotional, and cognitive development, content area knowledge, and creative expression in children. The framework outlines key areas of development and specific learning objectives for children ages 2-5 and is designed to serve as a guide for creating and adapting Sesame Street content and curricula for children around the world.
Breakdown by Domain
Context & Culture
- The framework is designed to be adapted and revised by teams of local advisors to guide the creation of educational content that meets the specific needs of a country or region and that aligns with national standards and curricula; however, does not provide specific guidance or resources
- Provides general description of how skills within each learning objective develop over time
- No learning progression provided
- Provides general overview of positive academic outcomes linked to two content areas: social and emotional development and cognitive development
- No materials provided
Programs & Strategies
- Provides a list of suggested strategies for supporting executive functioning skills, including working memory, self-control, and flexible thinking, but does not do so for other learning objectives
- No information or tools provided
- Sesame Workshop website: https://www.sesameworkshop.org/
- Sesame Workshop. (2018). Sesame workshop global framework for learning: Draft. Internal Sesame Workshop document: Unpublished.